- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper
& lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased
blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and
simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap
- Featuring NAR's signature Red Tip Technology® elliptical tab providing added visual clues during application
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100%
effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests
proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in
the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving
internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity.
Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is
locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then
applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty
evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of
screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival
stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) featuring the proprietary red
tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been
the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in
the C-A-T® are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.