Blemished URF-B v2 has very slight cosmetic blemishes, they are so minor, if we didn't point them out, most users will never notice. They don't affect functionality. Randy URF-B v2 has been marked down by $5.
We think the standard A3 upper receiver is pretty
good, and hard to improve on (cosmetics don't count), but there are couple of
areas we always wished the manufacturer would change. It was one of these
"why can't they make it like this, it'd be easier/better" that led to
URF is based on CMT's URPR-1 7075 billet upper receiver. Type 3 hard
coated in black, it is an excellent basis for the two ergonomics driven changes
we've always wanted:
1. Relief cuts on the section before rails start for better accessibility of a
flip up BUIS's sight stalk / flip up element.
2. Relief on the top of forward assist housing. The relief cut is specifically
designed for ambi charging handle users. When the user uses his right fingers
to pinch and grasp the CH's right latch, the relief allows the index finger to
reach down further, so the CH's right latch is positioned in the middle of his
finger pad, not the tip of it, for a more secure purchase, especially if
the user has gloves on. When we use our left fingers to grab the charging
handle's left latch, there is nothing below the latch, but on an upper with
forward assist, its housing stands in the way. The relief simply provides what
room that can be spared on the FA housing so more of the user's finger can have
a positive purchase.
NOTE: since 2022, we've begun to phase out feature #2. The relief cut is very shallow, and most users don't notice the difference between the FA housing with, and without the relief cut. If you received a URF-B v2 without the relief cut on the FA housing, it's normal. URF-B v3 will not have this feature.
3. MARS-L compatibility.
2020 production URF v2 has done away with the over pressure gas relief port. It has retained the relief that clears the LMT MARS-L lower receiver's right side bolt catch, and thus compatible with MARS-L.
URF can be ordered with or without a factory ejection port cover, or our EPC (billet, 7075 aluminum).
EPC shown below:
* 5 axis machined from 7075 T6 billet
* M4 feed ramps
* Engraved “T” numbers
* 1913 picatinny Rail flat top
* Mil Spec Type III class II hard coat anodized Black
* Shell deflector
* Forward Assist machined into receiver (on standard URF v2 only, URF-S v2 has no provisions for a forward assist)
* Dust cover port machined into receiver
* Increased wall thickness for added rigidity
* Compatible with Mil spec parts
* Compatible with most aftermarket handguard/rail systems
* Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
* Anti-rotation hole above gas tube hole
* Compatible with "Tactical Link" Enhanced Battery Assist Lever
* Compatible with LMT MARS-L lower receiver
* Comes stripped without dust cover & forward assist assembly
* Weight: 8.9oz (URF v2), 8.56oz (URF-S v2)