Black River Tactical Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels are designed
and built to meet the needs of serious shooters who demand the highest
levels of accuracy and durability along with seamless suppressor
Black River Tactical HF CL barrels start with the most durable and
accurate blank possible using a precision cold hammer forging process
and certified material. The barrels use a medium-light taper profile
to keep weight down while maintaining strength. This produces a
balanced weapon when a suppressor and other accessories are added. The
barrels are finished with an advanced hard chrome lining process that
maintains peak accuracy and withstands severe firing schedules.
Black River Tactical HF CL barrels deliver the performance to get the job done in demanding real world conditions.
- Hammer Forged for extreme durability and accuracy.
Our precision hammer forging process produces an exceptionally
straight and smooth bore finish with ideal land and grooves profiles,
all of which are key to maintaining accuracy. The forging process also
increases hardness and produces beneficial grain flow alignment which
- Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore for excellent
service life and resistance to corrosion. Our industry leading process
was developed specifically to address the unique requirements of
precision firearm barrels and includes 5 key improvements to ensure
highly uniform and accurate results. This includes an electropolishing
treatment before chrome lining.
- 556 Chamber for compatibility with all high
pressure military 5.56 and civilian .223 ammunition. Our multi-step
process produces true mil-spec chamber dimensions with excellent
concentricity and includes separate operations for throating and chamber
- Gas System tuned for reliable use with and without
a suppressor attached. Our gas system configurations and gas port
dimensions are the product of extensive engineering backed by exhaustive
testing. The results are an balance of wide reliability margin, smooth
operation and seamless suppressor compatibility with near zero "gas to
- Buffer Recommendations: Unsuppressed: H or CAR, VLTOR A5H0. Suppressed: H2, VLTOR A5H2
- BRT Medium-Light Taper Profile (.750 Gas Block)
- Carbine Length Gas System (11.5" and 12.5"). Mid-length gas system (14.5").
- 1/2-28 Suppressor Ready Muzzle Thread
- 5.56 NATO Chamber
- 6R Rifling 1/7 Twist
- 4150 CrMoV Ordnance Grade Steel per Mil-B-11595E(AR)
- Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore
- Manganese Phosphate Finish
- Barrel Extension with Extended Feed Ramps
- Weight: 20.3 oz (11.5"), 21.7 oz (12.5"), 24.4 oz (14.5")
12.5" barrel uses BRT's EXC gas system, and is shipped with BRT's MarkBlue EXC gas tube.
Gas block and gas tube not included unless otherwise noted.