* Lens Guard fits both ends of the P2, but it was designed to be used in front. While it fits the slot in the back of the P2, having one installed in the rear will make it unable to seat properly on some slides.
* Lens Guard does NOT work on ACRO P1. The P2 Lens Guard works best on OEM ‘Optic Ready’ systems utilizing mount plates. Some aftermarket ‘Direct Cut’ slides may allow P2 optic to sit deep in the slide, with no clearance in front of P2. That will prevent from the P2 Lens Guard from seating properly. A Direct Cut P2 Lens Guard model is coming soon.
How does one improve on the superb Aimpoint ACRO P2? The only gripe some users have is the front sacrificial lens is almost flush with the sight's front edge, when the P2 is used to rack the slide, the lens can be damaged.
The Lens Guard is a brilliantly simple solution. Machined from billet aluminum, it slides down from the top of the sight using the groove already present on the P2, and is secured by two set screws. The Lens Guard provides standoff distance between the object against which the P2 is pushed when the sight is used to rack the slide.
The Aimpoint® ACRO® P2 is rapidly becoming the ‘go-to’ red dot optic for professional working pistols. The rugged closed-emitter design and aerospace grade aluminum case has proven to take a beating that sidelines competitors. That said, the front lens is front and center for taking potential damaging impact. The good news is, it is easily replaced at minimal charge. The bad news, it has to go back to the factory for that service. You can avoid the hassle and protect your expensive red dot with the P2 Lens Guard.
Precision CNC machined aerospace grade aluminum frame, with Type III hard coat anodize, easily attaches in seconds to your P2 with provided stainless-steel set screws. The Lens Guard also makes a great ‘slide racker’, without leaving hand prints on your P2 front lens.
The P2 Lens Guard works best on OEM ‘Optic Ready’ systems utilizing mount plates. Some aftermarket ‘Direct Cut’ slides may allow P2 optic to sit deep in the slide, with no clearance in front of P2. That will prevent from the P2 Lens Guard from seating properly. A Direct Cut P2 Lens Guard model is coming soon.
Note: The P2 Lens Guard does NOT fit the ACRO® P1.
• Easily attaches with supplied stainless- steel fasteners and wrench
• Type III Hard Coat Anodize
• 6061 T6 CNC machined frame provides maximum P2 front lens protection
Colors available: Black Only
Important Note: P2 Lens Guard fasteners are 2-56 in size. This means VERY SMALL! We recommend just finger tight only on these screws. In extreme applications, use only the weakest available grade of thread locker.